Administrative assistant skills list
1. Standard skills list of administrative assistant
We list as follows skills for administrative assistant (not in order, a list only).
• Dealing with cash and payments.
• Updating computerized and clerical records.
• Acting as a secretary or personal assistant (PA) to a manager or department.
• Liaising with staff in other departments.
• Dealing with enquiries by phone, in writing or in person.
• Looking up information on a computer system.
• Filing and photocopying.
• Producing and sending letters.
• Sorting, recording and distributing mail.
2. Skills classification
We can classify skills for administrative into:
2.1 Specialized skills
It include skills as above (No1).
2.2 Management skills
Management skills can include ones as follows:
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Basics of Internal Communications
• Meeting Management
• Conflict resolving
• Organizational Skills
• Problem Solving
• Strategic Thinking
• Change management etc
2.3 Soft skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Learning Skills
• Listening Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Written Communication Skills
• Time management etc